Grand Tactician 1.0 Release Finally Announced!
The ultimate American Civil War strategy and tactic game finally has a release date for its 1.0 version.
The Early Access version had a very enthusiastic response from both the press and the content creators community. Since the EA release, the game has improved dramatically, adding a lot of features, content, and implementing player-requested features.
The final 1.0 version will be available on the 24th of September, 2021 (1800 UTC, which is 1400 Eastern / 1100 Western US time, 1900 Central European).
Take a Look at The Brand New Trailer
When released in full, on September 24, the game will be available for 44,90. While the game is still in Early Access, the price is 10% lower, at 39,99. The game’s soundtrack is, and will continue to be available for 9,99, and a bundle of the game and the soundtrack is 10% off.
People owning the early access version won’t need to make any other purchase to play the final version of the game (they just need to let Steam update the game).
The Civil War (1861-1865) initial Early Access version vs. version 1.0
– 3 –> 5 campaign scenarios (Pre-War 1861, Summer 1861, 1862, 1863, 1864)
– 10 –> 16 historical stand-alone battle scenarios (1st Manassas, Wilson’s Creek, Pea Ridge, Glorieta Pass, Shiloh, Perryville, 2nd Manassas, Antietam, Chancellorsville, Gettysburg, Chickamauga, Olustee, Wilderness, New Market, Bentonville, Appomattox)
– Over twice the number of battle maps
– Over 1,500 historical commanders
– Improved performance and stability
– Improved battle and campaign AI
– Improved game play balance in battles and campaign
– Updated and scalable User Interface (UI)
– Improved information in form of addition tooltips and in-game manual (“Field Book”), an external manual, and
The game’s development will not stop when we release it. During the development we’ve already come up with a lot of ways to improve the game further. Above are the first steps of our Post-Release Road Map. These steps include features and content, that will be added in regular updates, for no cost:
- Rare Weapons: Gatling gun, Coffee Mill gun and 1-pdr Williams gun will be added to the game’s list of available weapons. Maybe even more!
- Building Options: Player will be allowed to construct government subsidized industries. Hospitals improve recovery of wounded troops and captured enemies construction require POW camps, otherwise the field commanders will offer paroles that will see part of the captured troops returning to service.
- New Maps: Further battle maps will be added.
- Avatar & Commander update: Players will be able to create their own personal commander (avatar) with their own appearance and preferred attributes. The avatar can appear in the campaign game. Commander attributes can be randomized at the start of the scenario and there will be some improvements in officer management as well.
- Visual Improvements: Updating the game’s visuals will improve immersion and the looks, while offering further customization options for your troops.
Grand Tactician is an independent project of three developers with outside support from a number of very talented volunteers.