Unity of Command II Blitzkrieg DLC
Blitzkrieg DLC is out today on Steam
Unity of Command II brought fresh air into the WWII strategy games genre as players were tasked to bring down the nazi menace from North Africa to Berlin, passing through Italy and France. It is now time to change the perspective and try your hand at commanding the early-war German army!
A brand new Axis Campaign
From 1939 to 1941, Germany stunned the world with the introduction of Blitzkrieg, a new mode of war focused on massed armored spearheads and close air support. Rapid shock and encirclement by mechanised armies replaced the grinding attrition of World War I trench warfare. In this DLC, you command Wehrmacht forces during this period, starting with the 1939 invasion of Poland, through the daring airborne assault on Crete in May 1941
The campaign has 25 scenarios (13 in the historical line) and comes with a chunky update with many UI improvements and fixes.
Key Features of the Blitzkrieg! DLC
- A New Campaign — 13-scenario historical campaign, based on early-war battles in Poland, Norway, Western Europe, and the Balkans.
- Alt history at its best — Alternative history tracks, including one of history’s greatest “what-ifs”: Operation Sealion, the German plan for the invasion of Britain.
- New Tools — 50+ new unit types, from almost every European nation including Poland, France, Norway, Sweden, Greece, and more.
- More New Tools — Beautiful new vehicle models including Pz IIIF, Cruiser mk.III A13, Citroën U23, Char B1 bis, SOMUA S35, L3/35, and more.
- New Gameplay — A new forts mechanic designed to simulate the challenges of attacking the formidable Maginot Line.
- Luftwaffe in the Spotlight! — New air support theater assets to simulate the devastating effectiveness of the Luftwaffe: Precision Bombing and Flying Artillery.
- A German skillset — New capabilities for German HQs: advanced force pool, Kampfgruppe, oversupply, and more.
- New protagonists – Many new specialists, including an entirely new type: assault guns.
Examples of our new Blitzkrieg missions:
The Battle of Crete began on the morning of the 20th of May 1941. It was a unique attack for its recklessness and ruthlessness; it was also the first large-scale airborne attack in the annals of war.
22,000 Fallschirmjäger were pitted against roughly 40,000 allied troops. The geography of Crete made its defense problem difficult with a single road running along the northern coast and a very complicated supply system.
The German army in the end succeeded in taking the island. But the feat cost the Germand horrendous losses that basically destroyed the 7th Airborne Division (the only one that Goering possessed) and made the whole operation a Pyrrhic victory. Will you succeed in bettering General Kurt Student and take the important island in the middle of the Mediterranean while avoiding the slaughter of your own army?
The British Norway debacle
In the days following the German invasion of Norway on April 14, 1940, Allied troops landed at several points aimed at recapturing the vital ports of Trondheim and Narvik.
Despite having complete command at sea, the Allied landings were confused, lacking in heavy weapons, and at the mercy of the Luftwaffe. The British were quickly defeated in Central Norway. At Narvik they had more success, briefly re-taking the town before being withdrawn from that untenable position.
In this Unity of Command 2 scenario, you assume the role of the Germans, who must quickly seize vital areas in and around Trondheim, and then defeat the British counter-landings.
Will you be able to match the strikingly successful German performance in Norway? Or will the British prevail and keep a toehold in Scandinavia?
Blitzkrieg will be released on Steam later today at the price of $9,99 / EUR 8,19.
On Steam Unity of Command II – Blitzkrieg